Subject: Re: towards cygwin documentation, insha' Allah.
From: Chris Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: Sean Champ <[email-masked]>
Cc: Cygwin-general <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 14:56:21 -0500

On Fri, Feb 18, 2000 at 11:27:50PM -0800, Sean Champ wrote:
>
>as salaem 'alekum.
>
>
>for the sake of getting some cygwin docs into a packaged format, insha'
>Allah,  does anyone have a downloadable package of the documentaiton at
>http://sourceware.cygnus.com/cygwin/cygwin-ug-net/cygwin-ug-net.html
>
>?

The sources for the documentation are in every source snapshot.
Alternatively you can use a package like "wget" to download the html.
There are also a number of other packages that can do this.

This subject was discussed in the mailing list within the last month,
I believe.

>also, if anyone wants the PHP or Postgres docs in "microsoft HTML-help"
>format, I've got them in such, now.
>
>and  it would possibly be nice if anyone had a tip on how I might get word
>of this to the cygnus team, as I currently have no web-space adequate to
>store it (the php doc-file.chm is 1/2 meg, for the full documentation, and I
>know not of how large the postgres docFile.chm is, offhand.)

The "cygnus team" reads this mailing list.

Our usual method for doing this is to point to an appropriate site for
stuff like this.  Since we don't host the PHP or Postgres work, I think
it would be less confusing to have everything at its own site.  I'm
certainly willing to add pointers from our web page, however.

>...and for the cygwin docs, I plan on putting an HTML-form in it, for an
>easier search of the mailing-list archives (w/o having to load the
>delorie.com pages) , insha' Allah, for the sake of efficiency  :)

I don't think that it is appropriate for the docs to contain an HTML form.
We have links at sourceware.cygnus.com/cygwin .  Since the documentation source
is used for more than just HTML, adding a form would interfere with things like
printed documentation.

-Chris Faylor
-Cygwin Engineering Manager
-Cygnus Solutions, a Red Hat company

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]