Subject: RE: xterm does not run
From: "Lamb, Ronald F." <[email-masked]>
To: "'Bob McGowan'" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 18:46:28 -0500

>I am wondering why you have the first three mount points (the contrib,
>bin and usr)?  All you need, so long as these are all together under the
>Cygwin install location (which is normally the case), is the single
>mount for / which will then lead to the other directories since they are
>present under it.  You also have d: mounted as / which will conflict
>with with the mount of d:/cygwin so you should remove it.  I'd suggest
>running umount with the --remove-user-mounts option and then mount for
>the d:/users directory using the -s option so it is stored for system
>wide use.
>
>Don't know if these might be causing your problem, but it is certainly
>confusing to me when I try to think through what is happening.
>
>Bob

I had those three mounts points because as I read the install instructions
I needed to do that.  The instructions were pretty vague and as I have been
finding out somewhat wrong.

I did the --remove-user-mounts and mounted d:/users as system
and that fixed the problem with xterm.

Ron

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]