Subject: Multiple keyboards for bash (tcsh)
From: Jens Peter Wittenburg <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2000 17:21:11 +0100

Hi all,
this is definetely a FAQ, since I found several similar questions in the
archives.
However, I was unable to find any appropriate answers. So here is
another try:

I am using cygwin on a laptop with a native American keyboard and a
spearate
German keyboard in my docking station. Hence, I have to switch my
keyboard
mapping from time to time and do so using the control panel (or
shift+ctrl) for
windows applications respectively:
keyb gr,,C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\KEYBOARD.SYS
and keyb us ... for DOS boxes.

Unfortunately these schemes do not work for bash or tcsh in normal mode.

bash remains with the German keyboard (I don't know why this setup was
chosen) except when bash is started with the '--noediting' option.

Any solutions?

Regards
    JP

--
=======================> [email-masked] <=================

Dipl.-Ing. J.P. Wittenburg _/       _/_/_/_/ _/ University of Hannover
ASIC Design Group         _/       _/       _/ Laboratorium für
                         _/       _/_/_/   _/ Informationstechnologie
PHONE:+49-511-762-5018  _/       _/       _/ Schneiderberg 32
FAX:  +49-511-762-5052 _/_/_/_/ _/       _/ D-30167 Hannover

=======================> [email-masked] <=================