Subject: RE: why must cygwin be first in path?
From: Earnie Boyd <[email-masked]>
To: Steven Schram <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 09:16:30 -0800 (PST)

--- Steven Schram <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Basically as a porting layer so I can use GNU software.  Why do you ask?
> 

I was trying to determine if you were using Cygwin for it's intended purpose
(adding a POSIX layer on top of Win32) or if you were just using it for the
User Interface portion.  If you don't need the POSIX layer I was going to
suggest that you look at Mingw and the links at
http://www.egroups.com/group/mingw32.

> I tested "sh -c make -f makefile.mk" and it does the same thing as before.
> I see the same results when executing from a bash shell started from a cmd
> shell.  If I execute bash from cygnus.bat pointed to by a shortcut, I don't
> get the delay.
> 

Hmm.  Interesting.  Are the environment variables that are set by the
cygnus.bat file, already existing in your Win32 environment?

> If I really want to chase this down, it looks like I will need to dive into
> Make with gdb.
> 

Possibly, but that would lead you to debugging Cygwin as well.

Regards,

=====
Earnie Boyd <mailto:[email-masked]>
Cygwin Newbies, please visit
<http://www.freeyellow.com/members5/gw32/index.html>
__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Talk to your friends online with Yahoo! Messenger.
http://im.yahoo.com

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]