Subject: Re: B20.1++ select bug
From: Chris Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: Michele Liberi <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 17:59:12 -0500

On Wed, Jan 26, 2000 at 07:35:24AM -0800, Michele Liberi wrote:
>I already appended this problem at the mailing list a few days ago. I was 
>told to update my system at the latest cygwin1.dll available in the snapshot 
>area. It didn't help. That's why I'm sending this help request again. I also 
>tryed to upgrade the gcc compiler to 2.95.2 and recompile the program.
>
>The problem is simple: 'select' hangs (do not return) when reading from a 
>pipe and the child process exit.

Sorry.  It is a Windows limitation.  Windows does not always let the other
end of a pipe know when one end disappears.

This may be fixed in a future snapshot but for now it is broken.

cgf

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]