Subject: Re: readline misbehaving
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: Sean Kelly <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 18:30:58 -0500

On Fri, Jan 28, 2000 at 03:25:04PM -0800, Sean Kelly wrote:
>The readline in cygwin bash is a fickle beast.
>
>All I want is to turn off horizontal-scroll-mode.  And maybe
>the annoying bell, too.
>
>After stumbling on the fact that your .inputrc needs to use
>Unix line-ending conventions, I was finally able to get the
>damn file read. I can verify that it gets read in by setting
>the editing-mode.  But the settings of
>horizontal-scroll-mode to off and bell-style to none are
>totally ignored.
>
>I know I'm not the only one who's encountered this problem
>by searching the cygwin mailing list archives.
>Unfortunately, there were no replies to my colleague's
>message lamenting his similar frustration.
>
>Has anyone figured out what needs to be done to get *all* of
>the settings in the .inputrc file to take effect?  Why are
>some settings honored and others totally ignored?

Usually, when no one's questions are answered the reason is simple: No
one knows the answer and no one cares enough to research it.  That's
unfortunate but there's no way around this.

Since this is obviously important to you, why not avail yourself of the
sources and try to figure out what is going on?

Or, possibly, somebody who knows the answer will stumble onto this
thread and enlighten all of us.

cgf

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]