Subject: readline misbehaving
From: "Sean Kelly" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 15:25:04 -0800

The readline in cygwin bash is a fickle beast.

All I want is to turn off horizontal-scroll-mode.  And maybe
the annoying bell, too.

After stumbling on the fact that your .inputrc needs to use
Unix line-ending conventions, I was finally able to get the
damn file read. I can verify that it gets read in by setting
the editing-mode.  But the settings of
horizontal-scroll-mode to off and bell-style to none are
totally ignored.

I know I'm not the only one who's encountered this problem
by searching the cygwin mailing list archives.
Unfortunately, there were no replies to my colleague's
message lamenting his similar frustration.

Has anyone figured out what needs to be done to get *all* of
the settings in the .inputrc file to take effect?  Why are
some settings honored and others totally ignored?

Thanks.
--Sean

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]