Subject: Re: Query: Optimization
From: Chris Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: Tammie Philpott <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 23:10:02 -0500

On Thu, Jan 27, 2000 at 06:48:54PM -0500, Tammie Philpott wrote:
>I've read over the documentation for Cygwin B20.1 and have not found
>anything talking about if gcc can be optimized for the Pentium
>compiler.  I see many things talking about API's and how you can port
>Unix tools over to NT, but nothing about optimization.  Could someone
>please tell me if you can optimize for 386/Pentium/etc. PC hardware?

I think you'll probably need to check out the gcc documentation for
specific compiler questions.  The Cygwin B20.1 documentation gives
you general information on the cygwin environnment.

Check out http://gcc.gnu.org/ for documentation.

The specific answer to your question is that the gcc in B20.1 does not
contain any special optimization flags for the pentium.

I'll let Mumit mention what kind of optimization is available in
more "modern" compilers.

cgf

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]