Subject: Re: Using h_errno, errno etc Cygwin DLL globals [Re: Making wget]
From: Chris Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: Mumit Khan <[email-masked]>
Cc: Glenn Spell <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 20:27:57 -0500

On Wed, Jan 26, 2000 at 06:14:48PM -0600, Mumit Khan wrote:
>But of course, one should be including <netdb.h> instead. Ah, the joys
>of choosing among so many Unix misfeatures -- some don't declare it, 
>some do and so on ;-)

Bug report:

When compiling using gcc 2.97.43 and the Cygwin snapshot from 1999-8-31
I get an incorrect success when building code which contains both
h_errno and netdb.h.  My program compiles and links perfectly rather
than giving me the correct error!!!!

What the heck is the deal here???  This failed to compile perfectly on
Ultrix 4.2!!!  Has anyone else seen this problem??

Help!

cgf

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]