Subject: cygwin-b20; windows 2000; not enough memory error
From: Robert Graham Merkel <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 00:10:38 +1100 (EST)

[email-masked] writes:
 > Hi,
 > I am struggling with getting cygwin to work under Windows 2000.
 > Am trying to compile a Linux tailored to my system. 'Make config' works OK,
 > 'make dep' however causes lots of error messages:

You're not trying to compile a Linux *kernel* under cygwin are you?

Cygwin may be a clever collection of software, but you can't do that with
it!

In any case, a linux kernel is useless without quite a few key
utilities, which are most conveniently obtainable as part of a Linux
distribution (such as Redhat or Debian).  As well as these tools, a
Linux distribution will contain a pre-compiled kernel to get you going
with Linux (which will likely be all you need), and all the tools you
could possibly desire to build your own kernel.

-- 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Robert Merkel		                                    [email-masked]

Humanity has advanced, when it has advanced, not because it has been sober, 
responsible, and cautious, but because it has been playful, rebellious, and 
immature.
		-- Tom Robbins
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]