Subject: Re: getc() problem with Cygwin v1.0
From: Chris Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: Earnie Boyd <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 16:17:28 -0500

On Fri, Jan 14, 2000 at 11:50:46AM -0800, Earnie Boyd wrote:
>Try `export TERM=cygwin'.  Yea, I know Chris said that it shouldn't matter.
>
>Hmm... I just did `export TERM=ansi' and I can still do the backspace.  What
>happens if you do Ctrl-H instead of the Backspace key?  Is it possible that
>your Backspace key is mapped to be the Delete key?  BTW, my CYGWIN variable
>isn't set at all.

I thought that I'd responded to this already but I can't find it in my mail
logs.

There is a bug in the handling of "cooked" mode in cygwin 1.0 iff you are
using CYGWIN=tty.  There is no workaround other than to download a snapshot.

cgf

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]