Subject: problem with JAVA and global constructors in dll
From: "Dr. Schroeder, Klaus" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2000 15:19:58 +0100

Hi,

I'm running a Java-application using native IO-routines from my.dll,
which I built using the rules outlined by Mumit Kahn in his
java-jni-examples. The example runs just fine including the calling of
the global constructor, but using my own functions crashes with a
segmentation violation in ioctl.

Using gdb and a cygwin1.dll-Version with symbols I found, that ioctl
uses a global instance of class locker defined in debug.cc (locker __tn
NO_COPY;).  This instance apparently was not initalized, which caused
the segmentation violation.

My Question: Why are the global constructors of cygwin1.dll not called,
when used in the above fashion? Is there a way to call them explicitly?

Additional information:

I'm running cygwin B20.1 on
WinNT Ver 4.0 build 1381 Service Pack 5

The IO-Routines which cause the Java-Crash run correctly from a
C++-application built with cygwin on the same system.

Klaus

------------------------------------------------------------------
 Dr. Klaus Schröder          E-Mail : [email-masked]
 repas AEG Software GmbH     Phone  : +49 30 89714 871
 Hohenzollerndamm 150        Fax    : +49 30 89714 990
 D 14199 Berlin
------------------------------------------------------------------

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]