Subject: Re: filedescriptors and sockets
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: stefan <[email-masked]>
Cc: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 10:47:39 -0500

On Tue, Dec 28, 1999 at 12:51:24PM +0100, stefan wrote:
>On Mon, 27 Dec 1999, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>Cygwin does not make a distinction between sockets and normal file
>>descriptors.  It's should work just like UNIX.
>
>I compiled the program with the -mno-cygwin option.  And there the
>select() statement return an error if there are "normal"
>filedescriptors (from a _pipe()) in the field.  Why is this ?

In the above sentence "Cygwin" is meant to imply that you are actually
*using* Cygwin.  You are not, of course, using Cygwin if you specify
the -mno-cygwin option.

Normal Windows (i.e., what you're accessing when you specify
-mno-cygwin) does not provide a select() that can use pipe "file
descriptors", AFAIK.

-Christopher Faylor
-Cygwin Engineering Manager
-Cygnus Solutions

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]