Subject: Re: [mingw32] Re: ANNOUNCE selfhosting mingw32
From: Chris Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: Mumit Khan <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], cygwin users <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 13:19:25 -0500

On Mon, Dec 20, 1999 at 11:56:17AM -0600, Mumit Khan wrote:
>On Mon, 20 Dec 1999, Chris Faylor wrote:
>> Out of curiousity, would it help if I had Cygnus sponsor a mingw mailing
>> list?  I've thought about this from time to time but since the two
>> projects were sort of linked, I never took action.  Now that there is a
>> mingw which does not rely on cygwin, I am thinking that enforcing a
>> distinction between the two projects makes sense.
>
>Actually, Mingw hasn't "depended" on Cygwin for years now, either for
>building (I've built all the releases under Unix) or running. They're
>still linked of course due to the common backends used by the compiler
>and especially binutils.

I must confess ignorance of the fact that there was a separate mingw
mailing list.  If I had known I probably would have suggested moving
people there who had mingw questions.

I understand that it is sometimes somewhat difficult to draw a line between
the two but I'm going to be more sensitive to this in the future now that
I know about this.

cgf

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]