Subject: Re: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION from make, MAKE_MODE=win32
From: Warren Jones <[email-masked]>
To: Earnie Boyd <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 10:54:45 -0800

On Fri, Dec 17, 1999 at 09:59:55AM -0800, Earnie Boyd wrote:

> --- Warren Jones <[email-masked]> wrote:
> >   786k 1999/09/14 w:\sweng\public\apps\cygwin\cur_rev\bin\cygwin1.dll
> >   786k 1999/09/14 w:\sweng\public\apps\cygwin\cur_rev\contrib\bin\cygwin1.dll
> >   786k 1999/09/14 w:\sweng\public\bin\cygwin1.dll
> 
> FAQ: You can have only _one_ cygwin1.dll on the path.
> 
> Get rid of the last two.

Earnie,

Thanks for the tip.  Although this may be good advice in general,
a quick change to my path showed that it's not the cause of the
STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION I'm seeing.

I can see where having several versions of cygwin1.dll in the
path might be a problem, but can anyone comment on whether it
will be a problem in this case, where it's three copies of the
*same* cygwin1.dll (replicated via symlinks on the file server).
I've found this convenient to let people run Cygwin programs
from other directories (like /contrib/bin), although they may
not have /bin/cygwin1.dll in their path.

This may be an FAQ, but I didn't find any discussion of it in
*the* FAQ (http://sourceware.cygnus.com/cygwin/faq/faq.html)
Please let me know if I've overlooked something.

-- 
Warren

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]