Subject: Re: signal error -3, Win32 error 317
From: Chris Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: Rick Rankin <[email-masked]>
Cc: Cygwin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 19:15:20 -0500

On Mon, Dec 13, 1999 at 02:26:18PM -0800, Rick Rankin wrote:
>Are the messages below related at all? I'm using the 12/01 snapshot and Mumit's
>gcc-2.95.2. After approx 2 to 6 hours of use, XEmacs 21.2 beta 23 crashes on me
>with these messages in a stackdump file. Once the crash occurs, it *seems* to
>occur at shorter intervals.
>
>    0 60009924 [main] xemacs-21.2-b23 1169 sig_send: wait for sig_complete
>event failed, sig 6, rc 258, Win32 error 0
> 8024 60017948 [sig] xemacs-21.2-b23 1169 sig_send: wait for sig_complete event
>failed, sig 11, rc 258, Win32 error 0
> 3256 60021204 [main] xemacs-21.2-b23 1169 sig_send: wait for sig_complete
>event failed, sig 6, rc 258, Win32 error 0

They're not the same thing.  A signal 6 is a SIGABRT and a signal 11 is a
SIGSEGV.

>I asked the XEmacs-NT list about this, and got only one response indicating
>that the person is not seeing this problem when building an earlier version of
>XEmacs (21.1.8) with the Cygwin 1.0 CD.
>
>It looks to me like a Cygwin problem rather than an XEmacs problem. Is that
>true or could it still be an XEmacs problem?

Inability to send the signal is a cygwin problem.  The signal itself is likely to be
an Xemacs problem.

Note that when I said that this may be fixed in "recent" snapshots I
meant very recent.

cgf

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]