Subject: Re: signal error -3, Win32 error 317
From: Chris Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: Bob McGowan <[email-masked]>
Cc: Cygwin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 16:02:10 -0500

On Mon, Dec 13, 1999 at 12:36:40PM -0800, Bob McGowan wrote:
>I am using the cygwin tools to run UNIX developed test scripts in a
>WinNT environment.  One of the scripts, every once in a while, will
>generate the following error:
>
>1617775739 -1867899777 [main] bash 7805 sig_send: error sending signal
>-3 to pid 7805, semaphore 0x8C, Win32 error 317
>
>The first two numbers and the PID values vary, but the signal number,
>semaphore value and Win32 error number are consistently the same.
>
>The event does not appear to cause any problem with the script itself,
>since it continues to run.  I am curious if anyone can tell me what is
>happening here.  Is there a bug that I have uncovered or am I just
>pushing the limits of the system?

It's a harmless bug which should be fixed in recent snapshots.

cgf

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]