Subject: MicroEmacs - Emacs
From: Georg Fusz <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], MinGw32 <[email-masked]>, Cygnus Mailing List <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 12:33:16 +0100

Dear Patric,

I think you have done a great work with your page about the editors.

Here is another free editor : MicroEmacs it loads much faster as the
Emacs, but is very similar to the original Emacs. The home page is:
http://www.geocities.com/ResearchTriangle/Thinktank/7109/

Maybe you can answer in your page also for the following questings:

Is the editor also avaiable for unix as source-code?

Has the editor the a unix- or a windows feeling?

Some remarks about the Emacs:

The binaries for WinNt are easy to install.
The source-code-distrubution is on solaris, irix and HP-UX easy to
install, that the unixes we use.

Together with a lot of compilers( at least the gnu compilers) it works
good together. I mean compiling from the editor and finding compiling-
and linking errors. 

The editor works very well with RCS, a version ( revision ) controll
system.

The using of the GDB-debugger was difficault for me under WinNT. 

The Emacs is fine for writing Latex.

For me: The Emacs is all I need.
--
Greetings from Berlin 
Georg Fusz

home-page: http://cadence.fb12.tu-berlin.de/~fusz/

Fon: 
Universitaet: +49 30 314 26 884
privat:     : +49 30 815 30 32
Handy:      : +49 173 20 10 696

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]