Subject: Re: cygwin->msvcrt argv expansion algorithems
From: Chris Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: John R Hanson <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 1999 20:06:36 -0500

On Sun, Dec 12, 1999 at 09:13:40PM +0000, John R Hanson wrote:
>This is pursuant to the discussion of several months ago about make and
>interfacing with msvc/mingw32 binaries.  cygwin is not microsoft
>compatible regarding command line quoting , so you asked for patches to
>fix it.
>
>I know nothing about cygwin so here are the algorithms, someone who
>knows about cygwin can figure out the fix.

I would guess that most people who know about cygwin would be in the
same state as I.  They probably are not bothered by the quoting problems
that were mentioned in August and have not taken the time to look into
fixing them.  Personally, I don't think that adding another couple of
hundred of lines of code into the mix is going to entice anyone but I
guess we'll see.

cgf

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]