Subject: Re: fopen() and CON
From: Chris Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: Andre Oliveira da Costa <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 21:44:32 -0500

On Fri, Dec 10, 1999 at 08:07:41PM -0200, Andre Oliveira da Costa wrote:
>>It depends on what you mean by "should".  If it was up to me, the
>>answer would be "no".  If it is up to Microsoft, the answer is "yes".
>>Cygwin can't override the underlying OS.
>
>I agree with you: IMHO, fopen("CON.xxx", "w") should _not_ open the
>terminal device (CON).  But, thanks to Micro$oft, WYEINWYG (What You
>Expect Is Not What You Get).  I understand that Cygwin is bound to the
>underlying OS, which, unfortunately, is a s* one.  You guys are doing a
>_great_ job, keep it going =)

Thank you.

Actually, the one that bites me all of the time is "aux".  I had a directory
by that name once and it was mounted on a samba partition.  I could do a
"dir" of the directory but I sure couldn't cd into it...

cgf

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]