Subject: Re: exec'ing scripts
From: Bryan Headley <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 1999 16:21:22 -0600

Chris Faylor wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 06, 1999 at 01:16:32PM -0600, Bryan Headley wrote:
> >Is there a good rule of thumb to follow when creating scripts for cygwin
> >1 to run?
>
> If you are talking about executing a tcl script then it is likely that
> it does not support cygwin paths.  That is probably what you're seeing.
>

Are you thinking of a tcl script that does an "[shell cal]" not knowing where
'cal' is? In my case, this is a script that has a,

#! /bin/sh
exec wish
[tcl-ish things follow]

The script that it executes was added to the tcl path via,

    set auto_path [linsert $auto_path 0 /utils/lib/tkcvs]

So I'm dubious. Plus it's the tcl that ships with cygwin 1 (you might
assume...) Also, I got B20 to run tkdiff out of the box. So... ???

--
Bryan W. Headley                               [email-masked]
LaRocque Trading LLC / DA Group                (312) 362-4889 (Voice)
440 South LaSalle Street, Suite 740            (312) 362-4924 (Fax)
Chicago IL 60605

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]