Subject: Re: RCS 5.7 make to big *,v-Files, solution
From: Georg Fusz <[email-masked]>
To: Josh Baudhuin <[email-masked]>, Michael Herstine <[email-masked]>, Cygnus Mailing List <[email-masked]>, MinGw32 <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 1999 19:50:52 +0100

Hello Josh, Michael and all the others !

The package available from ftp.leo. ... has binaries for a lot of
platforms and at least the WIN32 version works very well.

I am not a cygwin user, I use MinGw to compile and an Emacs running
under WinNt.

The only trick is: 
==================
Set your path in a way that the >>diff.exe<<, which comes with RCS,  is
in front of the diff.exe in MinGW and in CygWin.
Or copy all files in RCS packages in gcc-2.95.2/bin; that overwrites the
>>diff.exe<< original in that directory.

Maybe, Mumit should considre to put this diff.exe in his wonderfull
MinGw.

I am not very sure, but I think I have used >>ci<< and >>co<< from the
bash shell from CygWin.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Josh Baudhuin wrote:
> 
> A further note: You can also build the RCS 5.7 sources as a native Win32 app
> with what's in the package (there's an extra pre-config'd makefile that
> supports various DOS/Win32 compilers). This build handles the CRLF stuff
> without any hassle (converts \n to \r\n on checkout and back to \n on
> checkin). It also has allows a pseudo soft-link RCS directory (create a file
> called RCS which contains the pathname of the appropriate RCS directory
> where the archive files are really stored). I don't know how well these
> Win32 versions would work w/ the stdio of cygwin (shell, etc.), though...

-- 
Georg Fusz

home-page: http://cadence.fb12.tu-berlin.de/~fusz/

Fon: 
Universitaet: +49 30 314 26 884
privat:     : +49 30 815 30 32
Handy:      : +49 173 20 10 696

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]