Subject: Re: _tzname not exported from latest snapshots?
From: Chris Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: "Charles S. Wilson" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 1999 22:42:46 -0500

Your _tzname definition should look like this:

include/time.h:extern char *_tzname[2] __declspec(dllimport);

I would guess that it doesn't and that you're somehow not using the
include files from the snapshot.

cgf

On Sat, Dec 04, 1999 at 10:13:57PM -0500, Charles S. Wilson wrote:
>I ran into a problem trying to build perl with the following
>configuration:
>PATH=/usr/local/src/perl5.005_62:.:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local:/etc:/usr/lib:/usr/libexec
>gcc  -L/usr/local/src/perl5.005_62  -L/usr/local/lib -s  -s -o perl
>perlmain.o lib/auto/DynaLoader/DynaLoader.a lib/auto/B/B.a
>lib/auto/ByteLoader/ByteLoader.a lib/auto/Data/Dumper/Dumper.a
>lib/auto/Devel/DProf/DProf.a lib/auto/Devel/Peek/Peek.a
>lib/auto/Fcntl/Fcntl.a lib/auto/File/Glob/Glob.a lib/auto/IO/IO.a
>lib/auto/Opcode/Opcode.a lib/auto/POSIX/POSIX.a
>lib/auto/SDBM_File/SDBM_File.a lib/auto/Socket/Socket.a
>lib/auto/attrs/attrs.a lib/auto/re/re.a -lperl `cat ext.libs` -lcygwin
>-lm -lkernel32 /usr/local/lib/libcrypt.a
>lib/auto/POSIX/POSIX.a(POSIX.o)(.text+0xcb86):POSIX.c: undefined
>reference to `_tzname'
>lib/auto/POSIX/POSIX.a(POSIX.o)(.text+0xcbb9):POSIX.c: undefined
>reference to `_tzname'
>make: *** [perl] Error 1

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]