Subject: Re: ANN: das blinkenlights 0.0.1 cygwin distro
From: Chris Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: Marc van Woerkom <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 1999 19:55:45 -0500

On Sun, Dec 05, 1999 at 01:42:45AM +0100, Marc van Woerkom wrote:
>>>Turned out that this is not as easy as I thought.
>>
>>How is downloading the winsup/newlib sources difficult?
>
>The difficulity is getting sure that one has a rather recent version
>before ones eyes.

The most recent cygwin sources are available at the snapshots page.

>In my case it is about one of the tools, objdump to be precise.  As far
>as I know, the public source archives are about a year old.  So the
>question is, where patches would go.  Quite likely people would mail
>them to the dev lists.
>
>This leaves searching the archives, searching the site for interim
>releases or asking the maintainers.
>
>The easy way I thought of was locating the tree on the web site, have a
>short look at the objdump sources and to bugger off.

You realize that you are not talking about cygwin, right?  The objdump
sources are not maintained by the cygwin group but they are a part of
the binutils package which is available via sourceware and, guess what,
there is web-based CVS access for them.

If you are referring to the binutils package that comes with cygwin,
then, yes, that is out-of-date.  So, you should just grab the most
current version from sourceware.cygnus.com .

cgf

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]