Subject: Re: GDB and Windows DLLS
From: Chris Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: "Boyer,Galen" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1999 14:57:06 -0500

On Fri, Dec 03, 1999 at 02:29:17PM -0500, Boyer,Galen wrote:
>[failed reading symbols from DLL]
>"/WINNT/system32/advapi32.dll": error reading line numbers
>
>
>[failed reading symbols from DLL]
>"/WINNT/system32/KERNEL32.dll": error reading line numbers
>
>I am unsure about the two dll errors from reading the winnt directory dlls,
>advapi32.dll and KERNEL32.dll.  Both those files exist on my machine.  Is
>there something about the version of my machine that is different than what
>cygnus would support?  I am running windows NT workstation with windows
>version 4.  Do I need to download a compatible version of these dlls from
>somewhere?

These are just warnings.  There is no symbol information in either of these
dlls so gdb reports that.  It will not hinder you from using symbols in the
rest of your program or in DLLs that were created using gcc (i.e., binaries
containing STABS information that gdb recognizes).

cgf

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]