Subject: cygwin-b20
From: Andreas Helfenberger <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 1999 16:17:19 +0100

I've tried to compile linux under "cygwin-b20" NT4.0 SP4 on a HP Vectra
VL6 128 MB

"make mrproper"  failed because of two reasons:
-------------------------------------------------

1. On removing empty files and directories my bash
reports all directories  to have size 0 (zero).
bash-2.02$ ls -la
total 72
drwxr-xr-x  15 root     root            0 May 11  1999 .
drwxr-xr-x   3 root     root            0 Nov 24 16:25 ..
-rw-r--r--   1 root     root         9796 Dec  2 16:44 .config
-r--r--r--   1 root     root        18483 Sep  6  1998 COPYING
-r--r--r--   1 root     root        54517 May 11  1999 CREDITS
dr-xr-xr-x  15 root     root            0 Dec  3 14:22 Documentation
-r--r--r--   1 root     root        18628 May  8  1999 MAINTAINERS
-r--r--r--   1 root     root        12635 Dec  2 16:00 Makefile
-r--r--r--   1 root     root        13563 Jan  7  1999 README
-r--r--r--   1 root     root         2734 Apr 29  1999 REPORTING-BUGS
-r--r--r--   1 root     root         7715 Dec 18  1998 Rules.make
dr-xr-xr-x  10 root     root            0 Dec  3 14:21 arch
dr-xr-xr-x  23 root     root            0 Dec  3 14:19 drivers
dr-xr-xr-x  28 root     root            0 Dec  3 14:18 fs
dr-xr-xr-x  15 root     root            0 Dec  3 14:19 include
dr-xr-xr-x   2 root     root            0 Dec  3 14:18 init
dr-xr-xr-x   2 root     root            0 Dec  3 14:19 ipc
dr-xr-xr-x   2 root     root            0 Dec  3 14:18 kernel
dr-xr-xr-x   2 root     root            0 Dec  3 14:18 lib
dr-xr-xr-x   2 root     root            0 Dec  3 14:18 mm
drwxr-xr-x   2 root     root            0 Dec  3 14:44 modules
dr-xr-xr-x  24 root     root            0 Dec  3 14:19 net
dr-xr-xr-x   4 root     root            0 Dec  3 14:22 scripts

2. the command su can not set me as root
My id always looks teh same
bash-2.02$ id
uid=1001(helfenb) gid=513(Kein) groups=513(Kein)
bash-2.02$ su
bash-2.02$ id
uid=1001(helfenb) gid=513(Kein) groups=513(Kein)
bash-2.02$

Also my /etc/passwd seems to be ok:

root::0:0:root:/root:/bin/bash
Administrator::500:513:://D/users/Administrator:/bin/bash
Gast::501:513:::/bin/bash
helfenb::1001:513:Andreas Helfenberger://D/users/helfenb:/bin/bash
VUSR_PC15::1002:513:VSA Server Account::/bin/bash
wick::1000:513:Philip Wick://D/users/wick:/bin/bash

Kind Regards

--
METROHM AG
Andreas Helfenberger
Oberdorfstr.68
CH-9100 Herisau
        -------

Tel. 071 353 85 96
Email: <mailto:[email-masked]>        www: <http://www.metrohm.ch>