Subject: Re: ANN: das blinkenlights 0.0.1 cygwin distro
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: Marc van Woerkom <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 21:26:22 -0500

On Thu, Dec 02, 1999 at 11:17:01PM +0100, Marc van Woerkom wrote:
>However it would be more useful for me to have a "nice" source
>distribution instead of a nice binary distribution.

Assuming that you're addressing this to "me" (i.e., Cygnus) I can offer
that we have talked about putting cygwin on the sourceware site under
CVS.

There are few reasons why this hasn't happened so far: 1) We're lacking
resources for this, 2) I've seen very very very little evidence that
anyone was willing to contribute source to the project, and 3) I don't
want to do this until we can get everything coordinate with my gcc and
gdb counterparts (the gdb part will be a easier since I manage a gdb
group).

Right now, we're in "wait and see" mode due to our Redhat merger.  I'm
hoping that when the dust clears we'll have a nicer cygwin site set which
will have convenient access to source for at least the core cygwin
distribution and for ported packages as well.

cgf

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]