Subject: snprintf() in cygwin.
From: Jens Yllman <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 19:19:29 +0100

Hello,

 I know this is not realy a cygwin question. Or maybe it is. I'm trying
to port a UNIX program to cygwin. And this program uses snprintf(). And
this function does not seem to be in cygwin. I'm not an expert on the
standard C library. So I'm not sure this is included there. When running
the configure script it looks for the snprintf() function. And when not
finding it it looks for the g_snprintf() that is in glib. And I guess
that this is glibc. And I wonder then if someone has compiled glib/glibc
for cygwin. I would like to know if it is compiled straight out the box
or need some change to compile.

 BTW: snprintf() seem to be in mingw32. Both in the headerfiles and in
the library files for the MicroSoft libs/dlls called crtdll.dll and
msvcrt.dll. Is there a way to make gcc default to mingw32? Preferably
just temporary.

 Is there any good sites/FAQ about how to use autoconf/automake under
cygwin. I've never used them under UNIX eather. So any info about how to
use them and how to compile/use them under cygwin is welcome.

 That was maybe to much in the same e-mail.

 Many thanks
 Jens Yllman

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]