Subject: Re: Q: SSHD shell exits immediately? (was: SSHD keeps failing to open PTY)
From: Steve Coleman <[email-masked]>
To: "Borre 'Wouse' Sanders" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], Massimiliano Adamo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 10:36:12 -0500

Borre 'Wouse' Sanders wrote:
> CYGWIN = `title strip_title binmode glob tty'
> debug: Command exited with status 0.

Massimiliano Adamo wrote:
> "could not load host key: \etc\ssh_host_key
>  fatal: please check that you have sufficient permissions and the file
> exists"

Make sure when using binary mode that both the /etc/passwd and
sshd_config files do not have any ^M's at the end of the lines. (Never
use notepad to edit these files, use vi or some other non-MS
application)

The file names "\etc\ssh_host_key^M" and "\etc\ssh_host_key" are
distinctly different file names and therefor the file you are asking for
may not exist. 

The same goes for the shell path in the /etc/passwd file.
"/bin/sh.exe^M" or "/bin/sh^M" is not the same as /bin/sh.exe and
/bin/sh respectively.

-- 
Steve Coleman     <[email-masked]>   http://www.jhuapl.edu/
 High Performance, fault tolerant, distributed, real-time computing 
 <<-------->> Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory <<--------->>
Balt:443-778-6330 Fax:443-778-5597 Wash:240-228-6330 Fax:240-228-5597

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]