Subject: RE: HOWTO build GCC-2.95.2 on Cygb20.1 [Re: Newbie: problems building gcc 2.95.2]
From: "Serge S. Spiridonoff" <[email-masked]>
To: "Mumit Khan" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Cygwin Mailing List" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 23:40:37 +0300

> 1. Make mounts binary. You'll thank me someday (before anyone yells,
>   it's just for building gcc, otherwise the specs file won't work on
>   binary mounts). Also patching may have trouble (the trick is to
>   use -l or --ignore-whitespace option to tell patch to ignore
>   whitespace).

Could you please explain what do you mean by "make mounts binary"?

After installing Cygwin I've made several mounts like
   $ mount -b h:\\cygwin /
and this appears to be the source of all my troubles with building gcc.

As I wrote before configure returned lots of "not found" errors.
It complained about lines in gcc/configure file. Looking at that lines I saw
that they end with CRLF. CRLF appeared there after I applied the
gcc-2.95.2-x86-win32 patch.

Anyway, today I remounted all my mounts without -b (actually, I've changed
"fbinary" value from 1 to 0 directly in the NT registry and re-started
bash).
After that, configure worked (and I'm very happy now:) and even make almost
worked.

"Almost" means that it made gcc and libs. However, after that the following
errors occured:

/Cygnus/usr/local/build/gcc-2.95.2/texinfo/makeinfo/makeinfo   -I/usr/local/
src/gcc-2.95.2/gcc -o gcc.info /usr/local/src/gcc-2.95.2/gcc/gcc.texi
Making info file `gcc.info' from `/usr/local/src/gcc-2.95.2/gcc/gcc.texi'.
/usr/local/src/gcc-2.95.2/gcc/gcc.texi:305: @include invoke.texi: No such
file or directory.
/usr/local/src/gcc-2.95.2/gcc/gcc.texi:305: @include install.texi: No such
file or directory.
/usr/local/src/gcc-2.95.2/gcc/gcc.texi:306: @include extend.texi: No such
file or directory.

It is very strange for me because invoke.texi and other files exist in the
same directory as gcc.texi (the file being compiled) and that directory is
specified by /I option. I don't understand why makeinfo can't find them.

Does anyone have any thoughts how to solve this errors?

Thanks in advance,
Serge S. Spiridonoff

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]