Subject: Re: Solution to DLLWRAP problem in Cygwin v1.0 CD
From: Chris Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: Mumit Khan <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 09:09:40 -0500

On Tue, Nov 23, 1999 at 01:19:51AM -0600, Mumit Khan wrote:
>Someone had mentioned a problem with not being able to create DLLs with
>dllwrap in Cygwin v1.0 CD (commercial version of Cygwin). Looks like
>the Cygwin v1.0 sources were frozen quite some time ago, and it doesn't
>have some of the fixes that went in before cygwin b20.1. The particular
>change in question was when Cygwin's name changed from "cygwin32" to
>"cygwin", there was a corresponding change in dllwrap, which checks for
>the target name to figure out what to do. 

Hmm.  The stuff on the CD should have been cut at least six months after
B20.1.  The change logs seem to indicate that it has some cygwin32 ->
cygwin changes.

However, our master sources also check for "cygwin32" rather than
cygwin, so I guess this is why.  Geoff checked in some changes back in
October but they didn't specifically change the string which searched
for cygwin32.

Is there something different in the external binutils repository?

cgf

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]