Subject: Re: 0x1a bug - its not just awk
From: Chris Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: Gareth Williams <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 17:51:27 -0500

On Mon, Nov 22, 1999 at 08:35:17PM +0000, Gareth Williams wrote:
>I just downloaded B20.1 and compiled a few C++ programs under NT4.
>Those that write data work fine. Those that read fail on the byte
>0x1a.
>
>I have seen the reports that awk can not read the byte 0x1a.

If you've seen the reports, you should be aware that this is not a bug
but a feature.  This character is considered to be an EOF character by
both cygwin and MSVC.

The solution is to use binary mounts, i.e., mount the directory using
the -b option:

mount -b c:\somedir /somedir

That will cause files in that directory to be interpreted as normal UNIX
streams of bytes.

cgf

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]