Subject: CVS server on WinNT.
From: Brendan Simon <[email-masked]>
To: CygWin32 <[email-masked]>, CVS <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 12:57:25 +1100

A few simple questions (I hope) on running CVS as a server on a WinNT
machine.  I would prefer to run it on a Linux box but I might not have a
choice.

Can a CVS server run on NT ?  I assume so if using cygwin.

Will it talk to clients on any platform (ie. checkin/checkout from
Win95/98/NT, Linux, Unix, etc) ?

Is running CVS server on NT as secure as a CVS server on Linux ?

What about the reliability of cygwin on NT ?  I THINK (not 100% sure)
that cygwin is the cause of some of my system crashes with Win98.  I am
assuming that NT will handle misbehaving apps better than Win98.  Maybe
cygwin isn't misbehaving but just exposes more of the inadequacies of
Win98.

Thanks,
Brendan Simon.

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]