Subject: Re: Cygwin select + sockets from DLL
From: Chris Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: Cygnus - Admin <[email-masked]>
Cc: Earnie Boyd <[email-masked]>, Peter Hudson +44 1892 541 720 <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 11:21:41 -0500

On Fri, Nov 19, 1999 at 08:50:33AM -0500, Cygnus - Admin wrote:
>On Fri, 19 Nov 1999, Earnie Boyd wrote:
>>Well, unless the third party software uses cygwin1.dll (which I doubt),
>>then based up the quoted comments you can't use the Cygwin select.  You
>>must use the Windows sockets.h header and function set.
>
>are you serious?  i can't use select() if i'm not gonna use the windows
>header files?

He's serious and he's correct.  cygwin fd's != "fd"'s returned by a winsock
socket operation.  You can't use raw winsock file handles in cygwin select.
Cygwin maintains its own table of file descriptors so you can't mix cygwin
functions with non-cygwin file descriptors.

-Chris Faylor
-Cygwin Engineering Manager
-Cygnus Solutions

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]