Subject: cygwin configuration and registry
From: Bob McGowan <[email-masked]>
To: Cygwin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 18:15:07 -0800

I am using Cygwin 1.0 from the CD, and WinNT 2000, in a test
environment.  I had a system installed with the OS and cygwin, working
OK.  I then installed the software I am testing and blew NT out of the
water.  I re-installed to the same disk, without destroying the original
install, for debug purposes, using a different directory (winnt2k,
leaving winnt intact).  The rest of the system is pretty much as it was
from the original setup (except for portions of "Program Files"
installed from the NT CD), including the Cygwin install.  But there is
nothing in the registry for it, for this second setup.

Is there a list of keys that I could recover from the first install, to
import to the second?  Or some other method to make Cygwin work in the
second install, without having to re-install it?

Thanks,

-- 
Bob McGowan
Staff Software Quality Engineer
VERITAS Software
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
650-318-4439

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]