Subject: Re: How do I UNMOUNT '/' mount point?
From: Chris Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: Prakash Dhavali <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 09:50:55 -0500

On Tue, Nov 16, 1999 at 02:05:33AM -0800, Prakash Dhavali wrote:
>Hi Cygwin users,
>
>I DO NOT want cygwin to mount anything on my NT workstation as /.
>Currently when I run mount, it shows me following mount which I just AM
>NOT ABLE TO REMOVE IT ( I want to use '/' to refer to the current
>driver letter inside some of my applications)

A couple of people have replied to this, showing how you can umount /,
but I wanted to point out that what you want to do isn't possible.
There is no way to permanently umount / as cygwin always creates a
root partition if one is not found in the mount table.

There is also no way to have cygwin default to the current drive when
referencing /.  It will always default to a specific directory on
a specific drive, just like UNIX.

cgf

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]