Subject: Re: what is pre-Cygwin B21?
From: Brendan Simon <[email-masked]>
To: James Ganong <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 10:43:55 +1100

James Ganong wrote:

>  Built using Cygwin B21.  Either get the Cygwin B21 on CD from
> http://www.cygnus.com/cygwin or you should insatll October 10th
> SnapShot of Cygwin.  Installing SnapShot requires a little of
> know-how of Cygwin.

I have never seen any docs on how to install a snapshot.  I usually get the
latest cygwin-inst-YYYYMMDD.targ.gz (eg. cygwin-inst-19991109.tar.gz) and use
WinZip to install it in the appropriate directory ( for me this is
C:\Apps\Cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32 ).

It seems to work for me so hope that helps you some.

BTW.  You must use WinZip or PKUNZIP.  You can not use the gzip or tar that
comes with cygwin as the cygwin1.dll will be replaced and it obviously can't be
replaced if tools (like gzip and tar) are using the existing dll.

Brendan Simon.

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]