Subject: RE: include path
From: Mike MacDonald <[email-masked]>
To: "'Mumit Khan'" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 12:49:21 -0500

Ok, I can see where the path is all hosed up - I don't know why..  I'm
looking at it too, any help you can give is great though..

Cygnus Win95/NT Configuration Diagnostics
Current System Time: Wed Nov 10 12:34:05 1999

WinNT Ver 4.0 build 1381 Service Pack 4

Path:	/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i586-cygwin32/2.95.2
	/bin
	/usr/X11R6.4/bin
	/usr/local/bin
	/usr/bin
	/c/winnt/system32
	/c/winnt
	./

SysDir: C:\WINNT\System32
WinDir: C:\WINNT

CYGWIN = `nontsec tty notitle binmode'
HOME = `/home/root'
MAKE_MODE = `UNIX'
PWD = `/home/root'

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2
  (default) = `/cygdrive'
  cygdrive flags = 0x00000020
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/
  (default) = `d:/root'
  flags = 0x00000002
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/bin
  (default) = `d:/cygnus/cygwin-b20/H-i586-cygwin32/bin'
  flags = 0x00000002
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/c
  (default) = `c:\'
  flags = 0x00000002
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/d
  (default) = `d:\'
  flags = 0x00000002
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/dload
  (default) = `d:/dload/cygwin'
  flags = 0x00000002
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/etc
  (default) = `d:/cygnus/cygwin-b20/etc'
  flags = 0x00000002
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/include
  (default) =
`d:/cygnus/cygwin-b20/H-i586-cygwin32/lib/gcc-lib/i586-cygwin32/2.95.2/inclu
de'
  flags = 0x00000000
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/lib
  (default) = `d:/cygnus/cygwin-b20/H-i586-cygwin32/i586-cygwin32/lib'
  flags = 0x00000002
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/usr/include
  (default) = `D:/cygnus/cygwin-b20/H-i586-cygwin32/i586-cygwin32/include'
  flags = 0x00000000
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/usr/lib
  (default) = `d:/cygnus/cygwin-b20/H-i586-cygwin32/lib'
  flags = 0x00000002
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/usr/share
  (default) = `d:/cygnus/cygwin-b20/share'
  flags = 0x00000002
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\00
  (default) = `d:\cygnus\cygwin-b20\etc'
  unix = `/etc'
  fbinary = 0x00000001
  fsilent = 0x00000000
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\01
  (default) = `d:\dload\cygwin'
  unix = `/dload'
  fbinary = 0x00000001
  fsilent = 0x00000000
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\02
  (default) = `d:\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin'
  unix = `/bin'
  fbinary = 0x00000001
  fsilent = 0x00000000
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\03
  (default) = `d:\root'
  unix = `/'
  fbinary = 0x00000001
  fsilent = 0x00000000
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MenuOrd
er\Start Menu\&Programs\Cygnus Solutions
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MenuOrd
er\Start Menu\&Programs\Cygnus Solutions\Menu
  (default) = (unsupported type)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin B20
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin B20\B20.1
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\00
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\01
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\02
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\03
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\04
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\05
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\06
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\07
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\08
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\09
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\0A
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\0B
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\0C
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\0D
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\0E
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\0F
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\10
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\11
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\12
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\13
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\14
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\15
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\16
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\17
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\18
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\19
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\1A
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\1B
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\1C
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL
setup\b15.0\mounts\1D
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\GNUPro
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\GNUPro\i586-cygwin32
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus
Solutions\GNUPro\i586-cygwin32\i586-cygwin32
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus
Solutions\GNUPro\i586-cygwin32\i586-cygwin32\cygwin-B20.1
  (default) = `c:\cygnus\cygwin-b20'
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Cygnu
s Cygwin B20
  (default) = `C:\WINNT\IsUninst.exe -fc:\cygnus\cygwin-b20\Uninst.isu'
  DisplayName = `Cygwin B20'

a:  fd           N/A    N/A                    
c:  hd  NTFS    9538Mb  79% CP CS UN PA FC     
d:  hd  NTFS    8675Mb  54% CP CS UN PA FC     
e:  cd           N/A    N/A                    
f:  cd           N/A    N/A                    
g:  net NTFS    2070Mb  42% CP CS UN PA FC     
h:  net          N/A    N/A                    
i:  net          N/A    N/A                    
p:  net NTFS   10231Mb   7% CP CS UN PA FC     
x:  net NTFS    2000Mb  49% CP CS UN PA FC     

d:\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i586-cygwin32\2.95.2\includ
e  /include  user    textmode
D:\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\i586-cygwin32\include  /usr/include
user    textmode
d:\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\i586-cygwin32\lib  /lib     user
binmode
d:\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin  /bin     user    binmode
d:\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\lib  /usr/lib  user    binmode
d:\cygnus\cygwin-b20\share  /usr/share  user    binmode
d:\cygnus\cygwin-b20\etc  /etc     user    binmode
d:\dload\cygwin  /dload   user    binmode
d:\root  /        user    binmode
c:    /c       user    binmode
d:    /d       user    binmode

Found: d:\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\bash.exe
Found: d:\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\cat.exe
Found:
d:\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i586-cygwin32\2.95.2\cpp.ex
e
Found: d:\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\find.exe
Found: d:\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\gcc.exe
Found: d:\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\gdb.exe
Found: d:\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\ld.exe
Found: d:\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\ls.exe
Found: d:\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\make.exe
Found: d:\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\sh.exe

  371k 1998/12/01 d:\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\cygtcl80.dll
    5k 1998/12/01 d:\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\cygtclpip80.dll
   10k 1998/12/01 d:\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\cygtclreg80.dll
  600k 1998/12/01 d:\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\cygtk80.dll
  532k 1999/11/02 d:\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\cygwin1.dll
  378k 1999/02/03 d:\root\usr\local\bin\cygtcl80.dll
    5k 1999/02/03 d:\root\usr\local\bin\cygtclpip80.dll
   10k 1999/02/03 d:\root\usr\local\bin\cygtclreg80.dll
  609k 1999/02/03 d:\root\usr\local\bin\cygtk80.dll
Use -h to see help about each section
new.xinitrc nohup.out stats

Output of gcc -v
Using builtin specs.
gcc version 2.95.2 19991024 (release)

Output of gcc -print-search-dirs
install:
/Cygnus/cygwin-b20/H-i586-cygwin32/lib/gcc-lib/i586-cygwin32/2.95.2/
programs:
/bin/../lib/gcc-lib/i586-cygwin32/2.95.2/:/bin/../lib/gcc-lib/:/Cygnus/cygwi
n-b20/H-i586-cygwin32/lib/gcc-lib/i586-cygwin32/2.95.2/:/Cygnus/cygwin-b20/H
-i586-cygwin32/lib/gcc-lib/i586-cygwin32/:/usr/lib/gcc/i586-cygwin32/2.95.2/
:/usr/lib/gcc/i586-cygwin32/:/bin/../lib/gcc-lib/i586-cygwin32/2.95.2/../../
../../i586-cygwin32/bin/i586-cygwin32/2.95.2/:/bin/../lib/gcc-lib/i586-cygwi
n32/2.95.2/../../../../i586-cygwin32/bin/:/Cygnus/cygwin-b20/H-i586-cygwin32
/lib/gcc-lib/i586-cygwin32/2.95.2/../../../../i586-cygwin32/bin/i586-cygwin3
2/2.95.2/:/Cygnus/cygwin-b20/H-i586-cygwin32/lib/gcc-lib/i586-cygwin32/2.95.
2/../../../../i586-cygwin32/bin/
libraries:
/bin/../lib/gcc-lib/i586-cygwin32/2.95.2/:/bin/../lib/gcc-lib/:/Cygnus/cygwi
n-b20/H-i586-cygwin32/lib/gcc-lib/i586-cygwin32/2.95.2/:/usr/lib/gcc/i586-cy
gwin32/2.95.2/:/bin/../lib/gcc-lib/i586-cygwin32/2.95.2/../../../../i586-cyg
win32/lib/i586-cygwin32/2.95.2/:/bin/../lib/gcc-lib/i586-cygwin32/2.95.2/../
../../../i586-cygwin32/lib/:/Cygnus/cygwin-b20/H-i586-cygwin32/lib/gcc-lib/i
586-cygwin32/2.95.2/../../../../i586-cygwin32/lib/i586-cygwin32/2.95.2/:/Cyg
nus/cygwin-b20/H-i586-cygwin32/lib/gcc-lib/i586-cygwin32/2.95.2/../../../../
i586-cygwin32/lib/:/bin/../lib/gcc-lib/i586-cygwin32/2.95.2/../../../i586-cy
gwin32/2.95.2/:/bin/../lib/gcc-lib/i586-cygwin32/2.95.2/../../../:/Cygnus/cy
gwin-b20/H-i586-cygwin32/lib/gcc-lib/i586-cygwin32/2.95.2/../../../i586-cygw
in32/2.95.2/:/Cygnus/cygwin-b20/H-i586-cygwin32/lib/gcc-lib/i586-cygwin32/2.
95.2/../../../:/lib/i586-cygwin32/2.95.2/:/lib/:/usr/lib/i586-cygwin32/2.95.
2/:/usr/lib/

Output of gcc -o foo -v foo.c
Using builtin specs.
gcc version 2.95.2 19991024 (release)
 cpp -lang-c -v -iprefix /bin/../lib/gcc-lib/i586-cygwin32/2.95.2/
-D__GNUC__=2
-D__GNUC_MINOR__=95 -Di386 -D_WIN32 -DWINNT -D_X86_=1 -D__STDC__=1
-D__stdcall=_
_attribute__((__stdcall__)) -D__cdecl=__attribute__((__cdecl__))
-D__declspec(x)
=__attribute__((x)) -D__i386__ -D_WIN32 -D__WINNT__ -D_X86_=1 -D__STDC__=1
-D__s
tdcall=__attribute__((__stdcall__)) -D__cdecl=__attribute__((__cdecl__))
-D__dec
lspec(x)=__attribute__((x)) -D__i386 -D__WINNT -Asystem(winnt) -Acpu(i386)
-Amac
hine(i386) -remap -Acpu(i386) -Amachine(i386) -Di386 -D__i386 -D__i386__
-Di586
-Dpentium -D__i586 -D__i586__ -D__pentium -D__pentium__ -D__CYGWIN32__
-D__CYGWI
N__ foo.c C:\TEMP/ccDEdklz.i
GNU CPP version 2.95.2 19991024 (release) (80386, BSD syntax)
#include "..." search starts here:
#include <...> search starts here:
 /bin/../lib/gcc-lib/i586-cygwin32/2.95.2/../../../../../include
 /usr/include
End of search list.
The following default directories have been omitted from the search path:
 
/Cygnus/cygwin-b20/H-i586-cygwin32/lib/gcc-lib/i586-cygwin32/2.95.2/../../..
/..
/../include/g++-3
 
/Cygnus/cygwin-b20/H-i586-cygwin32/lib/gcc-lib/i586-cygwin32/2.95.2/../../..
/..
/i586-cygwin32/include
 /Cygnus/cygwin-b20/H-i586-cygwin32/lib/gcc-lib/i586-cygwin32/2.95.2/include
End of omitted list.
 cc1 C:\TEMP/ccDEdklz.i -quiet -dumpbase foo.c -version -o
C:\TEMP/ccmTiLPd.s
GNU C version 2.95.2 19991024 (release) (i586-cygwin32) compiled by GNU C
versio
n 2.95.2 19991024 (release).
 as -o C:\TEMP/ccR2iblY.o C:\TEMP/ccmTiLPd.s
 ld -o foo.exe /bin/../lib/gcc-lib/i586-cygwin32/2.95.2/../../../crt0.o
-L/bin/.
./lib/gcc-lib/i586-cygwin32/2.95.2/../../.. C:\TEMP/ccR2iblY.o -lgcc
-lcygwin -l
user32 -lkernel32 -ladvapi32 -lshell32 -lgcc

-----Original Message-----
From: Mumit Khan [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, November 10, 1999 10:42 AM
To: Mike MacDonald
Cc: [email-masked]'
Subject: Re: include path 

Mike MacDonald <[email-masked]> writes:
> I guess my probem is that gcc is not properly finding:
> 
> /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i586-cygwin32/2.95.2/include
> 
> And I don't want to have to modify all my Makefiles to point there, so I'm
> wondering if there is a way to get it to look there..  It can't find the
> libs in the 2.95.2 directory either, I was able to copy them to /usr/lib -
> and it works fine..  Because of limits.h I can't do that with this dir..
> I'm gonna try mapping it to /include - which I should have thought of
doing
> before.. 

Mike,

If you have to tell GCC to look into it's own include directory, your setup 
is hosed. Period. 

You seem to be having an awfully hard time with GCC, which I don't 
understand. There are many other people using it any/much trouble;
I'd still like to understand why you're the one running into odd
problems. My bet is the way you've modified your Cygwin installation
with mounts or using environment variables, but I could be wrong of 
course. 

I suggest you post (or send me) the following:
  
  1. output of `cygcheck -s -r'
  2. gcc -v
  3. gcc -print-search-dirs
  4. gcc -o foo -v foo.c
     where foo.c is some hello world file

Regards,
Mumit

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]