Subject: Re: Cygwin V1.0 and Win95/98
From: Chris Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Robert Svagera <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 11:41:23 -0500

On Sun, Nov 07, 1999 at 02:39:06PM -0800, Earnie Boyd wrote:
>--- Robert Svagera <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>This might be a FAQ, but I didn't find a definite answer in the
>>archives.  The Cygwin V1.0 datasheet lists under supported platforms
>>only: Windows NT 4.0 service patch 3 Does this mean that it cannot be
>>used under Win95/98 or is it possible to use it with some restrictions
>>as it was possible with previous Cygwin versions and as it is mentioned
>>in Cygwin Whitepaper.
>
>This only means that they, Cygnus the Corporation, will only give
>support for this platform.  It should still work with as much or as
>little problem as before.

In fact, I put a lot of effort into making Windows 9x more stable before
the product shipped.  I just couldn't get beyond a problem where a build
of the top level source tree hung after thirty or forty minutes...

Of course, it worked fine for me (and DJ?).  It just didn't seem to work
correctly for anyone doing the testing here.

-chris

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]