Subject: Re: b19 versus b20
From: "David O'Riva" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 1999 06:49:05 -0800

Jean-Pascal Laedermann wrote:
> 
> Hi !
> 
> I've compared the executables for this simple code generated by cygnus
> win b19 versus b20. The b20 executable is about 20 times long as the 
> b19 one !
> 
> [...]

I'm seeing the same thing - the rcs binaries produced with GCC 2.95 are
more than twice as large as the ones produced with an early version of
egcs for Cygwinb19.

However, after stripping off debug info ("strip <name>.exe"), the
executables suddenly become _smaller_ than equivalently stripped b19
executables.  Overall, I take this as a Good Thing, since the Insight
debugger is a helluva lot more useful to me now than B19's gdbtk ever
was...

-- 
-dave        _________________________
------------/      David O'Riva       \--------------
408-        | Staff Software Engineer | oriva@
 473-9413   |    Atari Games, Inc.    |   agames.com
            \_________________________/

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]