Subject: gdb4.18 make stops at link
From: "Dave Cramer" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 01:43:56 -0500

I am getting exactly the same error as

> Hello all,
> 
> I am trying to build a gdb for the m68k target with DBM support. I have 
> followed the instructions given in the www.zeecube.com/bdm.html page, but 
> the make procedure hangs at link with 3 errors :
> 
> ../readline/libreadline.a(kill.o): In function 'rl_paste_from_Clipboard':
> /cygnus/cygwin-b20/gdb-4.18/readline/kill.c:611: undefined reference to 
> 'OpenClipboard@4'
> /cygnus/cygwin-b20/gdb-4.18/readline/kill.c:614: undefined reference to 
> 'GetClipboard@4'
> /cygnus/cygwin-b20/gdb-4.18/readline/kill.c:630: undefined reference to 
> 'ClosseClipboard@0'

Add -ladvapi32 to the list of libraries when linking gdb. See the
gdb/configure.in, search for ladvapi32 and see how it's done for a 
Cygwin host. For now, just edit gdb/Makefile, add -ladvapi32 to
the WIN32LIBS variable and rerun make.

Regards,
Mumit

I tried adding the -ladvapi32 to the list of libraries, and still get the error ????

Regards,

Dave