Subject: Re: Snapshot and CD compatibility problems
From: Steve Jorgensen <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked] (Chris Faylor)
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 14:13:52 -0600 (MDT)

Chris Faylor wrote
>> On Wed, Oct 27, 1999 at 09:36:33AM -0600, Steve Jorgensen wrote:
>> >	Well, I created a /etc/passwd and /etc/group.  I guess my
>> >	confuse lies in that all I did was change the DLL, I didn't mess
>> >	with the CYGWIN variable or any of the other cygwin settings/config
>> >	files.  Does the CD cygwin1.dll have different defaults than
>> >	the snapshot?
>> 
>> Yes.  The default is "nontsec" on the Cygwin CD.  The snapshots have had
>> "ntsec" turned on so that people will test it.

	Ok, well, I went back and played with the 10/25/1999 snapshot dll,
	and setting nontsec vs ntsec.  If I use nontsec, this mode
	causes the dll to change permissions on files I write out such that
	I can't write to those files again.  If I leave it in ntsec mode and
	add appropriate /etc/passwd entries, it works, but file access is
	slower, presumable because it is looking up permissions.

	Is there any way to get the snapshot to work under "nontsec" as the
	CD version did?

	I'm not real clear on what it means when you say that the DLL
	is compatible, but the library and object files may not be, but
	I'm guessing there is something else I need to do when I play
	with snapshots.

						Steve

-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------
Steven Jorgensen      [email-masked]	    [email-masked]
------------------------------+----------------------------
Khoral Research Inc.          | PHONE: (505) 837-6500
6200 Uptown Blvd, Suite 200   | FAX:   (505) 881-3842
Albuquerque, NM 87110         | URL: http://www.khoral.com/
-----------------------------------------------------------

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]