Subject: Re: cygwin's unlink
From: Chris Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: Steve Jorgensen <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 22:12:04 -0400

Ok.  I was able to duplicate this behavior with the Cygwin CD DLL.  It
is apparently a long standing bug which Corinna fixed just a couple of
days after the CD was pressed.

I have also changed the error returned from "EISDIR" to "EPERM" as was
suggested by another post.  I was confused by the behavior of 'rm' which
must be doing its own checking.  A simple program that performs an
unlink() returns EPERM on every UNIX system that I tested it on.

-chris

On Tue, Oct 26, 1999 at 03:51:25PM -0600, Steve Jorgensen wrote:
>> On Tue, Oct 26, 1999 at 03:09:49PM -0600, Steve Jorgensen wrote:
>> >Are you saying this is a bug that has been fixed and will be in the
>> >next snapshot, because I didn't get the "Permission denied" error at
>> >all?  In fact, it was the lack of error is what I reporting as an
>> >error.
>
>> I'm saying that I fixed the bug that *I* saw but didn't fix any bug that
>> i couldn't duplicate.  I did get an error when I attempted to remove a
>> directory.  It was the wrong error, though, so I changed it.
>
>	Ok, I downloaded the 10/25/1999 cygwin1.dll, and it does
>	in fact return an error when trying to unlink a directory.
>	So, it looks like the cygwin1.dll that comes with the 1.0 CD
>	has a broken unlink.

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]