Subject: Re: cygwin's unlink
From: Chris Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: Steve Jorgensen <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 17:36:19 -0400

On Tue, Oct 26, 1999 at 03:09:49PM -0600, Steve Jorgensen wrote:
>Chris Faylor wrote
>>>On Tue, Oct 26, 1999 at 02:01:10PM -0600, Steve Jorgensen wrote:
>>>>Anyway, in the case where the file is truely a directory, under all
>>>>unix systems we've tried, unlink returns and error, and we proceed with
>>>>the recursive directory removal, but under cygwin it returns success
>>>>(even though nothing is removed), and our code returns success without
>>>>removing the directory.  Is this a limitation in the underlying windows
>>>>unlink, or a bug in cygwin?
>>>
>>>When I try this I get a "Permission denied" error.  It should be a "Is
>>>a directory error" though.  I've changed the sources here so this
>>>should be fixed in the next snapshot.
>
>Are you saying this is a bug that has been fixed and will be in the
>next snapshot, because I didn't get the "Permission denied" error at
>all?  In fact, it was the lack of error is what I reporting as an
>error.

I'm saying that I fixed the bug that *I* saw but didn't fix any bug that
i couldn't duplicate.  I did get an error when I attempted to remove a
directory.  It was the wrong error, though, so I changed it.

-chris

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]