Subject: Using Cygwin created DLL in MSVC++?
From: Dongho Kim - Experimental Account <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked] (Dongho Kim - Experimental Account)
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 21:07:30 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I am a newbie on Cygwin and a real newbie on MS VC++.

I have five library files that were written in Unix.
I would like to build five DLL files from those library files
using Cygwin so that the DLLs can be used in MS VC++.

I was able to build the DLLs using "Makefile.DLLs" written by 
Fergus Henderson (obtained from http://sourceware.cyunus.com).
However, I am getting run-time errors (Unhandled exception in XXX.exe:
0xC0000005: Access Violation.) when I call the functions
in one of the DLLs.

I understand that the above description is too vague, but
this message will be very long and nobody wouldn't want to read
this message if I try to write down in detail.

My questions are:

- Is it possible to uses DLLs that are created using Cygwin
  from a program created using MS VC++?

- Is there any way that I can debug this?
  (MS VC++ does not seem to be able to use the debug information
   created from gcc in Cygwin.)

- Is there any document that explains about DLL in detail?
  There must be many people who tried this.
  (Use Cygwin created DLLs in MS VC++.)

  Yes, I read all the documents under:
  http://sourceware.cygnus.com/cygwin/docs.html
  However, it is still not clear to me that exactly what I need to
  do inside of calling function and the functions in DLLs
  to achieve what I intend to do.

I would really appreciate any help.

Dongho Kim

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]