Subject: Re: X11R6.4 for Cygwin Release v1.0? (And thanks)
From: Chris Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: Brian Kasper <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 1999 21:05:19 -0400

On Sun, Oct 24, 1999 at 09:44:29AM -0700, Brian Kasper wrote:
>Chris Faylor wrote:
>I have to assume the STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION error is due to
>some incompatibility between the B20 DLL's or libraries and
>those from the 1.0 release -- the program experiencing the
>error compiles and runs without error using 

There's an incredibly easy way to tell -- run the program under
gdb.  There's no reason to assume anything.

>  B20.1 and Mr Siddiqi's B20-specific X11R6.4/Lesstif
>  Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 and X11/Motif libs from Hummingbird
>  XFree86 / Lesstif on both Intel and Alpha Linux boxen
>
>so I don't *think* the error is in my code.  I also recompiled
>everything I could (my own executable code and my library code);
>the only important part I have not recompiled is the
>X11R6.4/Lesstif stuff.
>
>In short, I get an error-free link with code that I trust pretty
>well, and it dies due to an S_A_V error every time I run it under
>release 1.0.  Not to appear argumentative, Chris, but I'm not sure
>your statement "if it links, you're ok" is 100% true.

I guess we'll never know if you are unwilling to actually debug the
problem.

Sadly, since there is no more data than "It doesn't work" I guess
I can guarantee that you'll experience the same problem when
the next release comes out in a few weeks.

cgf

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]