Subject: Re: rxvt and vim together
From: Chris Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: Joe Kraska <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 16:05:53 -0400

On Wed, Oct 20, 1999 at 12:08:12PM -0700, Joe Kraska wrote:
>From a bash window I start rxvt, and the window pops up
>just fine. I then run vim (the non gui version) from this rxvt
>window, but then the weirdest thing happens. The vim
>editor appears in the *bash* window. It boggles my mind,
>and perhaps has something to do with the rxvt not properly
>grabbing a tty entry or some such. Has anyone encountered
>this before? I would like to use rxvt exclusively, but this
>precludes this for the time being.

It's simple.  You're using a Windows version of vim not a cygwin
version.  Use a vim that was compiled for cygwin and you should
have no problems.

cgf

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]