Subject: RE: For the FAQ: NT PATH problems
From: Andrew Dalgleish <[email-masked]>
To: "'Kai Henningsen'" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 10:06:54 +1000

Let me guess - you are using NT's boot loader to multiboot, correct?
(You say you are using NT, but your path contains references to
C:\WIN95.US and C:\WIN98.US)

When you use the NT boot loader to boot DOS/95/98 it copies autoexec.bat
and config.sys into c:\, and leaves them there the next time you boot
into NT.
NT does not execute autoexec.bat, but it does parse it for PATH
statements.
This means your NT environment may depend on what other OS you last
used.
Personally I have a one-line autoexec.bat call another batch file
(autodos.bat, auto95.bat, etc) which does the real work.
Because autoexec.bat doesn't contain any path statements NT doesn't get
confused.
(Now this could go in the FAQ :-)

If you add the following to the start of your cygwin.bat it might help
pin down what is going on.
echo %PATH%
pause

Do you also have a ~/.bashrc and/or ~/.bash_profile?

Regards,
Andrew Dalgleish

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]