Subject: Re: GCC v2.95 doesn't work (a bug?)
From: Chris Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: Paul Sokolovsky <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], Teofilis Martisius <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 18:05:51 -0400

On Sun, Oct 10, 1999 at 06:37:06PM +0300, Paul Sokolovsky wrote:
>If you use Win95/98 it's same old bug with lseek()-past-end-of-file.
>POSIX requires that if such call was made followed by write(), skipped
>space to be zeroed.  But win9x leaves previous physical media contents
>there.  That almost surely hits when producing dlls, and I submitted
>work-around-like patch for that (see >http://www.is.lg.ua/~paul/devel/binutils.html),
>but it specially applies only to PE files, not generic COFF.  After
>that I several times saw problem described by you, but only during
>experiments and never in real work ;-) , so I didn't bother to fix it
>yet.

DJ fixed the "lseek past end" last summer for his first official act as
a cygwin developer.

AFAIK, this problem should not be an issue if gcc is using cygwin.

-chris

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]