Subject: Mingw gcc 2.95.1 compiling under NT
From: "Kai Henningsen" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1999 16:29:45 +0200

Just to tell that I seem to have this mostly running now. I'll wait a 
few days to see if anything bad shows up before I post diffs and a 
HOWTO.

In short, 

../configure -v --host=mingw32 --enable-shared --with-threads=win32 --prefix=/gcc-2.95.1-mingw32/ 

libstdc++ broke because of some wrong path, which I didn't bother 
about because I don't need C++ (but thread support for Objective-C 
I do need, which is why I did this in the first place). 

Prerequisites: 20.1, fairly new CYGWIN1.DLL, Mumit Khan's 2.95 
mingw port. Stage 2/3 compare breaks because the binaries 
contain stageX path names - I'm ignoring this.

If I understand Mumit Khan's web page right, he did this as a cross 
compiler. I did it native.

Regards - Kai Henningsen

-- 
http://www.cats.ms
Spuentrup CTI       Fon: +49 251 322311 0  
Windbreede 12       Fax: +49 251 322311 99
D-48157 Münster     Mob: +49 161 3223111
Germany             GSM: +49 171 7755060

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to [email-masked]